HOW CAN WE HELP?
Business Support & Advice
Do you ever feel isolated as a business owner, unsure as to whether you are making the right decisions or not?
Do ever feel like you are trying to solve problems that have already been solved by someone else in another business?
Could you do with “Another You” in your business?
Do you want to grow your business?
Do you ever wonder how to actually build upon what you have now and maintain a steady or even accelerating growth path?
Are you finding it difficult to handle your current growth?
Do you find the day-to-day ‘job’ is an overall constant uphill struggle?
Are you unable to find time to sit back and run your business as you want it to run?
Do you find yourself working in your business far too much?
Do you have customers who do not pay on time or even at all?
Do you ever have problems paying invoices or wages due to bad paying customers?
Is chasing payments from customers all down to you, the business owner?
Have you stepped into a director role as a younger member of a family business?
Are you looking retire and pass the business down to a family member?
Are there mini projects in your business that you never get around to tackling such as website design & build, H&S compliance, GDPR compliance, employee contracts, etc…?
Are there any issues in your business that need your full attention but the day-to-day job is holding you back, such as new business opportunities, customer/supplier visits?
Order to Payment Review
- We will methodically map out every aspect of your day-to-day operation from identifying a target client or generating that initial lead/enquiry, right through to receiving the money in your bank.
- An Order to Payment review will cover areas for improvement not only in process efficiency, but also profit margins, cost controls, cost savings, people management, resource management, sales, marketing, finance, and much, much more.
Credit Control Review – Get Paid, Not Played
- A Credit Control Review will help us to identify which job roles are doing their bit towards helping collect payment from your customers, and those which are not.
- These roles could be in accounts, sales, admin, product/service delivery, or even warehouse staff. Implementing a culture of “Let’s Get Paid” within the business is something everyone in your company needs to embrace.
- We will work with you and your staff to build your own credit control policy that is bespoke to your business. A policy that clearly defines the actions everyone can take, to do their bit to help with the most fundamental part of turning in to work each day.
Operational Control & Improvement
- Get us in to get us out. We work with you to define your systems & processes to help streamline and maintain consistency of approach in everything you do.
- We will aim to measure activity in everything you do to produce data driven improvement actions and then stick around to assist with the implementation.
Ongoing Advice & Support
- In any walk of life, sometimes a fresh perspective on things can make all the difference. The old cliché of “not being able to see the wood for the trees” is often a problem that is never identified nor addressed in SMEs all over the world.
- As an experienced business owner and director of a multi-million pound business, Alex has truly “walked the walk” and not only has a sound grasp on how business works, but how business owners work too.
- We offer the opportunity to have someone on your team who just gets it. We’ll help you set your goals, maintain your focus, and then deliver when it matters.
Business Growth Support
- If you are a business that wants to grow then we want to help.
- Years of continuous growth in business has taught us just what you need to do to build on what you have. We will let you in on the secrets of what is required to get to where you want to be.
- Whether you need help with strategy, planning, finance, sales, marketing, operations, or anything else – we can help.
Let me work on your business, whilst you work in it.
Imagine the benefits of having a fellow director on your board who works to address all those issues within your business you haven’t got the time to look at, but at the fraction of the cost of a full-time director.
Imagine as a consequence of having this support, you are then making more money, have more time to enjoy your family and personal interests, and are able to start a second or third business or even sell your current one.
Sounds too good to be true, right?
With One Up Consultancy, you can have all this and more.
As previous owner of a multi-million pound fresh produce wholesaling business for over 10 years, company director Alex MacArthur has years of experience working with and for other SMEs and is an accredited IBD Business Advisor.
Working alongside you the business owner, Alex will review your business from top to bottom and will highlight the areas that need attention. He will then agree with you what needs to be done to fix those problematic areas and with the use of Alex’s own specialist skills and his wide network of contacts, will work on tidying everything up to put you back in full control.